Biohacker's Handbook - Work
“We shape our tools, and thereafter our tools shape us.”
– Marshall McLuhan (1911–1980)
Enjoying one’s daily work is of critical importance in terms of wellbeing. Many people work under constant pressure to produce results, causing more harm than good. Burnouts are particularly common in workplaces where the employees’ happiness levels are poor and stress levels excessive.
Biohacker's Handbook chapter on work has news for you: You can kick ass, enjoy your work and not wreck your health in the process – All at the same time. It only requires a fundamental shift in the way you look at the following elements covered in this book:
- How to find meaning at work?
- What are the key physiological systems to understand to perform optimally at work?
- How to regulate your blood sugar levels to stay alert and at your peak performance?
- How to avoid blood sugar swings when you are stressed and sleep deprived?
- How to do intermittent fasting correctly?
- How to reach and stay in ketosis throughout the working day?
- How to regulate your blood pressure?
- How to improve working memory and long-term memory?
- What to implement for better ergonomics at work?
- How to avoid and correct posture and biomechanics?
- How to use a standing desk properly?
- How to improve indoor air?
- How to structure your work, manage your tasks and take breaks?
- How to make better decisions, imporve concentration and reach the flow state?
- How to hack travel, survive airports & hotel rooms and beat jet lag?
- How to track and monitor all the aspects of your work day to be able to optimize what matters for improved productivity and health?
Instead of cookie cutter advice, Biohacker's Handbook delivers well researched information in a well designed format. Find out what is the 20 % to reach 80 % of results when it comes to better work. Save time in getting to the results you seek.
Authors: Medical Doctor Olli Sovijärvi, Technology Specialist Teemu Arina and Nutrition Specialist Jaakko Halmetoja
Design: Lotta Viitaniemi
Availability: PDF (compatible with most electronic readers including but not limited to Mac, PC, Kindle, iPad, Galaxy Tab, iPhone etc.)
Note: You may also purchase Work as part of the Biohacker's Handbook Subscription, that includes all chapters from the book. See details here.
- 1 PDF